[ Centre for Central European Architecture ]
CCEA is dedicated to Central Europe and its culture.
an alternative space for further education and research in architecture. Focuses on experts and professional architects, as well as wider public interested in following current developments in architecture and looking for possible ways of perceiving and understanding it. Research based both theoretically and practically connects architecture with other humanities and arts.
CCEA is an independent, non-profit organization established in 2001.
The ambition of independence is decisive and hard-and-fast for our activities.
“We don’t perceive own mission as mere popularization of architecture but mainly as searching, reading and redefining the architecture identity of central Europe.”
CCEA specializes in
- contemporary architecture of Central Europe
- architecture theory of Central Europe
- Central European cities development
- interdisciplinary projects, perceiving architecture in larger context
- education in the field of architecture, urbanism and environment
- a meeting point for a discourse in architecture
- exchange of ideas, experiences, positions.
- research projects from Central European background in context to global world.
- lectures, debates, research, workshops, exhibitions
- information source of contemporary architecture in Central Europe
- library with selected professional literature and periodic.